Since our inception in 2006, Bantwana has forged strong relationships with communities and with local and national governments to ensure that the work we do directly benefits those who need it most. Our partnerships with local organizations, children and families, traditional and political leaders, school officials, and many dedicated volunteers are the key to achieving lasting impact in the countries and communities in which we work.
In particular we believe that local, innovative organizations already providing care and support to HIV-affected and highly vulnerable children and families are best positioned to support them over the long-term. We choose our local partners based upon:
- The quality of local leadership
- Track record in engaging communities to address issues
- Interest in testing and evaluating new ideas
- Openness to learning and taking risks
- Willingness to strengthen collaboration and build partnerships with government, the private sector, others local institutions, and donors