DREAMS Core: Swaziland
DREAMS is an ambitious partnership to reduce HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women in 10 sub-Saharan African countries, to help girls develop into Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women.
In Swaziland, Bantwana supports the delivery of DREAMS programming as a sub-grantee to PACT, reaching 2,550 girls and young women ages 10 – 24 with life skills and health and education services in Lubombo region.
Core DREAMS platforms include:
- In-school and out of school adolescent girls clubs run by Youth Volunteers;
- Health clubs attached to local clinics for HIV-positive adolescent boys and girls;
- Referrals for testing, treatment and support for HIV-positive adolescents;
- Tracking of HIV-positive adolescents on treatment and adherence to treatment, and;
- School block grants to support school fees for at-risk girls.