Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor – Pamoja Tuwalee
Reporting to: Chief of Party
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Pamoja Tuwalee Project Background
Pamoja Tuwalee is a project supported by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief funding (PEPFAR II) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), seeks to contribute to the Tanzanian Government’s National Action Plan for Most Vulnerable Children by building the capacity of local initiatives to care for vulnerable children in difficult circumstances. The project is implemented in Tanzania (Tanga, Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Arusha Region) by World Education, Inc. in collaboration with the Tanzanian Government’s Department of Social Welfare.
This is a full-time position based in Arusha office. The position is part of a team of Senior Managers and technical experts including two M & E staff at WEI level, M & E officers employed in 9 subgrantees offices and a team of CBTs from both levels partners and prime level. The M & E Advisor will work closely with the entire WEI/Bantwana Pamoja Tuwalee team, providing overall leadership and direction for the M & E portifolio.This position is expected to continue through November 2016 with the possibility of extension.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- In collaboration with the M & E team and other program staff, implement the project’s monitoring and evaluation plan in line with USAID and Government of Tanzania frameworks including plans for data collection, analysis, quality assurance, use, reporting, and dissemination.
- Participate fully in the preparation of quarterly and annual program implementation reports for submission to the donor.
- In collaboration with M & E team facilitate technical assistance to WEI program staff and partner organizations staff to ensure adequate support in implementing M&E activities.
- Review Partners Reports and provide -feedback for improvement and stand as a focal person in marking report submission dates by partners
- Use the monitoring and evaluation database to track and evaluate/assess impact of the program to reduce vulnerability and improve well-being of MVC.
- In collaboration with the M & E team, do data verification to monitor the quality and completeness of data for documenting project performance, ensure data use within the project, and solve data issues as they arise.
- Identify best practices, and provide recommendations including design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned.
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support partner organizations M & E staff in implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed.
- Perform any other activities as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or Technical Director
Minimum Education and Experience:
- A minimum of master’s degree in Statistics, public health, sociologies, IT, Business, Economics, Development Studies or other relevant social sciences.
- Preferred minimum of 3-5 years of work experience and/or 3 years of M&E experience on a USAID donor-funded program
- At least 3-5 years that include experience conducting field research activities, including data collection tools, recruiting and training data collectors, conducting fieldwork and managing primary research data.
- Excellent analytical skills with experience in quantitative data analysis and data management preferable
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili (written/spoken)
- Experience in HIV and AIDS service delivery in field and/or community settings: experience in PEPFAR OVC a plus.
- Experience supporting/managing PEPFAR reporting
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to travel domestically, at up to 2 weeks at a time
Mode of Application: Interested applicants candidates should submit their applications by email (certificate copies are not required at this stage) to include; An Application letter, Curriculum Vitae, Contact addresses including telephone numbers, email address and Names and full address of three ( 3) references.
Submit applications firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 1st, 2016.
Chief of Party
World Education Inc.