Bantwana does its best work through partnerships – with communities, clinics, governments, local CBOs, faith-based partners, affinity/advocacy networks, research institutes, the private sector, and local and international NGOs. We are committed to delivering results through relationship-building and partner collaboration.
Bantwana partnerships are driven by our core values of programmatic excellence, innovation and collaboration. We specialize in strengthening the capacity of partners to develop the systems and competence to deliver results-based programming, providing technical leadership across the following sub-sectors. Our expertise in the following areas has been built from over 15 years of work with diverse partners across East and Southern Africa:
- Comprehensive programing for vulnerable children and adolescents
- Improving HIV outcomes from birth through adolescence
- Preventing and responding to violence against children (VAC) including child sexual abuse (CSA)
- Systems strengthening of social welfare systems and workforces, including case management
- Educating and empowering adolescent girls and young women (AGYW)
- Preventing and responding to gender-based violence (GBV)
- Bolstering household economic resilience
- Applying low and high tech digital platforms and tools for child and social protection
Organizational & Technical Capacity Development
We draw on a deep bench of experts from our home and field offices to develop the organizational and technical capacities of local partners. We have a track record of helping partners strengthen management systems, governance, and program quality. Supported organizations have transitioned to receive and manage direct funding from the U.S. Government and other large donors.
South-to-South Regional Technical Assistance
Our regional technical assistance hub, based in Zimbabwe, responds to requests from governments, donors, and other development partners. This promotes a south-to-south flow of skills transfer from Bantwana experts across East and Southern Africa.
Bantwana Local Affiliates
Bantwana Eswatini and Bantwana Zimbabwe are locally incorporated NGOs affiliated with Bantwana. They independently receive and manage national, bilateral, and multilateral funds, working in partnership with other local NGOs, INGOs, research institutes, and community partners. Both country affiliates provide direct-to-government technical and systems strengthening support and scaling up of proven models.